Saturday, September 27, 2014

Playlist - [Evil Presents (Halloween 2014)]

Halloween is my favorite holiday and it inspires me to collect songs about monsters, madness and other creepy things. This is my fifth Halloween playlist with new songs by Jamie T, Franz Ferdinand, The Faint, clipping, and even Katy Perry.

Do Not Open Till Halloween.

...

I know it's a bit early. I usually wait for October to start before I make one of these. But, these are songs I'd listen to even if Halloween didn't exist. (Now there's a scary idea.) Some of these have great videos as well. Here's some examples.


Jamie T - Zombie
Jamie T is woefully unknown in this country, and a prime example of the UK having better pop music than us. He's back with a new album this year and the lead single is bloody great.




Franz Ferdinand - Evil Eye
Another great band that get less love in the USA than they should. Last year's album should have gotten as much attention (or more) as the concurrently released Arctic Monkeys album did. Exhibit A being this wonderful Grindhouse Esque video.





The Faint - Evil Voices
This video is particularly odd and a little disturbing. Make sure you have something to bite down on, in case of seizures.



Speaking of disturbing videos.. there's a video for clipping's Body & Blood that they couldn't put on youtube due to it's content (mainly nudity).  I usually scoff at needless censorship, and there's nothing particularly offensive about this one, but I will say that it genuinely disturbed me and you can't unsee it. So if you're feeling cheeky and want to check it out, you can see it here.

...

Those are just a few highlights. There's some older stuff as well. Donovan, The Hollies, and Blue Oyster Cult sing about witches and reapers. Ryan Gosling sings a zombie song with a children's choir and Alice Cooper sings a disturbing song about his evening plans involving a cadaver. I would also like to take this opportunity to shame myself for the included ICP song (It seemed appropriate.)

Now that you've got an idea of what sort of music to look forward to. I give you... Evil Presents.

(As a side note, I also compiled all 5 of the playlists into one big one that's 100 songs deep. If you need a very long set of songs to listen to while you carve a bunch of pumpkins or sew a new costume you can give The Great Pumpkin a try.)

No comments:

Post a Comment